Relocation is complicated. We get local Oklahoma City home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Oklahoma City“. The great thing is that we are able to help most of those sellers sell their current house immediately (because we’re actively buying houses in Oklahoma City Oklahoma right now!).
There are so many details to keep together…and it is stressful because of whatever is making you move to begin with – often it’s a new job or a family need such as or a sick relative. The need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Get Organized.
You absolutely do not want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years in addition to the house you are moving into. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Oklahoma City, things can change overnight. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re super rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out. And in the new age of this pandemic, markets are changing quickly.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and you need to sell your Oklahoma City Oklahoma house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Oklahoma City… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you could contact a reputable real estate agent and ask for an estimated valuation or you can connect with us and we can give you a no-cost, no-obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house should be able to sell for in the current market conditions… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able and/or willing to spend to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who have moved out of state for a job and who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you are willing to keep making two mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you do not waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non-equity-building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent). Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you would likely be closer to $30,000. But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action right away. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Oklahoma City Oklahoma agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone just might fall in love and be willing to overpay – people will do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Oklahoma Cash Investor And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Oklahoma City?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Oklahoma City home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to…or we can arrange a closing date to meet your relocation schedule)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we are passionate people, and we believe in the Oklahoma City community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We will quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We are more than happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Oklahoma City real estate, so please feel free to call us at (405) 554-0011 and chat with us anytime.